Today we explored our local run down buildings. I had a blast! Look what we found hiding around town.
This is the inside of an old milling plant. I usually don't care for graffitti, but this was hidden from the street, a kind of neat place for people to express themselves.
Here is more from inside the mill
This is the outside of the old mill. This is what is visible from the street. Kind of neat. I didn't even know this was here.
Here is another old building we found. There were "No Trespassing" signs everywhere but I couldn't help myself. It's absolutely beautiful there. This is just across the street from the mill. I'm not sure what it use to be.

This last place was a couple towns away from where I live. It's just an old abandoned farm in the middle of nowhere. I fell in love with it's unique charm. I'm sure the surrounding neighbors think of it as an eyesore, but there was something about it that I fell in love with.
5 comments:
These are beautiful photos Carla, taking something ugly and finding and putting the beauty in it.
Hi Carla. Looks like you had a good time. I have seen so many old houses and buildings that are abandoned and I would love to go nosing around inside, but don't feel like getting arrested for trespassing! So, I'll stick to admiring the outside of the buildings and just wonder what was left behind by the former tenants.
Take care and have a great rest of the week.
Lisa
I know that mine lol. Great pictures.
Betty,
You and Carla are truly talented photographers. You've captured images that convey the happiness, beauty and the serenity of the occasion. Friends and family have commented that the wedding was one of the most beautiful ceremonies they've attended and the reception was fun, memorable yet intimate. You have preserved those moments for us and we are thankful for all your hard work. Carla is so fun and engaging and she made everyone loosen up and at ease facing the camera. Tiring as it was for the two of you to cover the rehearsal dinner, wedding and reception, you've displayed true professionalism throughout the entire event and that's very commendable.
Thanks again and I'd recommend you and Carla to all my friends and relatives.
January 30, 2009 8:59 AM
Carla... This is MariLou's comment on my photo blog. I want to share it with you!!!!
i love these places you've found! when i get out there, you definately have to take me to them!
Post a Comment