I finally got back to building my kayak. I started it about three years ago. For my birthday, my sister took me kayaking in La Jolla cove. I fell in love with the experience and decided I had to have a kayak of my own, so I started saving my spare change. When my money was almost all saved up, a good friend of mine convinced me that building a kayak was way more rewarding than just buying a pre-made plastic version. So, that's what I did.
~
The box came and I got started right away, glueing my strips of wood together. In the first few weeks or so, I started having problems with my gallbladder and couldn't bend over to work on my project without excrutiating pain...so I took a break from my project. I had my gallbladder removed almost a year ago, but I'm just now back to working on my project...All thanks to my sweetie who built me a work bench so I wouldn't have to bend over in the cramped garage.
Look how far I've come in just two days. I went from a flat stack of what Rob called "Fire Wood" to a beautiful hull. It's now starting to look like something. I had a slight delay tonight because my epoxy pump needed some soaking before it would work...so tomorrow I'll start the glueing process again. I better get moving before the rains come. I'm having a blast. I can't wait until it's all done.
~
Thanks for visiting today!

4 comments:
Thanks for your comment on my blog, Carla! I was just in the middle of looking through your blog right from the very start. You have a lovely family. And I can't believe you're building your own kayak! It's our ninth wedding anniversary today and my husband is taking us out to lunch and then we're GOING KAYAKING afterwards! Woo hoo!!!
Carla! What a wonderful job! You're a woman of many talents! Can't wait to see it!
I would never have the patience to do a project like that. I looks good so far. Have fun!
Lisa
oh my word. you are SO COOL! i can't wait to see it done! i LOVE this pics in the above posts too. the kids are getting so big! give them hugs and kisses for me! love you!
Post a Comment