Monday, August 18, 2008

First Day at 4th Grade was a Success!


Madi was up before the alarm today. Which is a very nice change for me! She had all her clothes on, her hair done and her fashion accessories in place before I was even somwhat dressed. Madison looked so adorable and she was so happy with her style today.



Normally I wouldn'thave let her wear those earings to school, but I didn't have the heart to tell her, after how proud she was :) I did mention later that the big play earings were okay for the first day, but not for everyday. I think she was thrilled that I didn't make her take them out. She is so much like I was at that age...I understand the need for glam!

Madison's Daddy and me were having fun teasing Madi about this next picture. There is a boy at her school, Lawrence. He is a cute little guy from Russia, with a very unique personality. I just love him and think he's a cutie, but Madi...well she thinks he's "gross". So we were teasing her, saying she was thinking of Lawrence in this picture :) Her reply was... "No Way! He's Disgusting". I think she might change her mind in a few years. We'll have to wait and see. He really is a sweety!




Here's another cutie pie, sweet boy!


Can you tell Madi's getting sick of the poparazzi...and so soon! Sorry Gran, I tried!

On our way...I'm not allowed to hold the cell phone anymore in California while I'm driving, but there's no law against camera holding...I don't think they make a hands free camera yet???


Conner's sick of the Poparazzi too

We made it

This was all I was allowed Gran. Madi wouldn't even look back until I put the camera away. She's too hip now. Anyway it was a great day. She had fun with her friends and her new teacher was nice. She did say there was a little too much reading, but had a good day anyway.
Thanks for checking in today!

7 comments:

Julee Marie Photography said...

Ahhh 4th grade, she's such a doll. Enjoy it while you can Carla, soon she'll be in middle school and when you whip out that camera she'll give you a look like death warmed over. Thats what i'm facing with my soon to be 8th graders! lol. its fun though. She's so grown up. Connor is such a little man i love it. I love the car wash.. can you send him out here so he can wash mine? lol.. love you pics!

julee

Anonymous said...

She's adorable. Good call on the earings - they are wonderful and why spoil her good job and the excitment. Both kids are great.

And, speaking for grandmothers, I loved seeing her walk away without turning back. There is no justice like kids having kids just like they were!

....but I'm sure you would never have done that....

Betty F said...

THESE ARE PERFECT.. Only problem is, they're not on my e-mail???? THANKS
Love you!

raccoonlover1963/Lisa Myers said...

Great pics. I'm glad she had a good day at school. Today was Micahel's first day of high school. Wouldn't you know, I had to go to the school and pick him up because he couldn't remember what his bus # was! He rides a different bus in the afternoon from the morning.
Lisa

Rick said...

I can remember those days - first day of school, up excited, new clothes!! But after three days all the excitement wears off. Ain't that the way it works?

Beautiful children you have there. Cherish them, they do grow up.

Anonymous said...

I sometime wish I had a girl!! Such fun being all "girlie!" My own little boy goes to school for the first time on Monday...I have such mixed feelings. I know he's going to thrive at school, but I also know I'll miss him during the day. Bitter sweet. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my Gosh, These are great!!!! I especially love the two that are sick of th3e paperatzzi. Super!! Love, Mom