My mom and I went to old town Temecula yesterday to waist some film and have some fun practicing with our cameras. I had an hour, so we had to move quick...not that I can move quick with my aching back, but we tried...at least for a little while.
Well, it was the middle of a hot day, the sun wasn't perfect for pictures and there was a lot of traffic in town, so we were limited on what we could photograph. But here are a few shots of our cute town...sorry they're not better. I need some practice on photographing these kinds of things!
This is the entrance sign to the old part of town. There is another on the opposite side of town. They were added when they renovated the area. They are much prettier in person!
.
.
Another addition when the old part of town was renovated. (Turn Your Head :)
Can Anyone tell me why this blogger keeps turning my photos? I can't figure it out. And how does it decide which one's to turn??? Stupid thing :(
Another large building is going up on the corner in town. I hope they do a good job keeping the feel of the town. They have done great so far!
Another cute building, I wish I didn't cut off the roof and second floor. It was a balancing act avoiding the cars driving by and my two cameras while trying to take pics. O'well, it's cute anyhow.

The finger's pointing the wrong way for some reason??? The main street is the opposite direction. I think they just found a spot for the sign...I don't know.
.
.
Well, Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed our little town.






4 comments:
Carla! These are wonderful photos! I love how you did them. Beautiful view of a town I know so well. Almost like seeing it for the first time. You should do do daily photos! I'll e-mail you a link.
Hi Carla. Love the pics. I love old buildings. Now for the silly question. Are the buildings genuinely as old as they look, or were they built to look the older part? See, I told you it was a silly question!
Lisa
Most of the buildings are old and original (some with repairs), but some buildings were built later. The newer buildings are not as great as the originals that's for sure. I can pick them out right away. Like the grey building with the four flags in the front. The city has done a pretty good job so far. We'll see what they do with the new development.
I love going to the old town in Temecula and then on to a favorite Italian place I like, off Winchester, near the movies and the "orchard" I think it is....
Post a Comment